Australia is one the most preferred destination for international studies.
Majority of educational institutes are located in Perth,Sydney,Melbourne,Canberra and Brisbane.The Indian students prefer to study Accounting, Master of Business Administration (MBA), Health Care, Information Technology, and Hotel
List of some famous Colleges and Universities
- University of Melbourne
- University of Sydney
- RMIT University
- Monash University
- Federation University and many more ….
Admission requirements depend between study programs and levels. Every student should have minimum academic record of 60% and above in class XII. However, students willing to go for Diploma programs can apply with less than 60%.
International students can take International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and Pearson Test of English (PTE) are all standardised language tests. Students can take any test depending upon the college, university and course requirement.The band requirement also varies on various factors.
12th minimum 6 band ( 5.5)
Graduation 6.5 band ( 6)
However some institutions can accept the applications with lower band score depending upon the terms and conditions.
If you are willing to pursue your education in University or college in Australia you will need a student visa. Following documents will be required for the application purposes –
- Valid Passport– Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the Australia.
- Nonimmigrant Visa Application
- Application fee payment receipt, as you are required to pay before your interview
- Confirmation of Enrolment Form(COE) To obtain a visa to study in Australia you must be fully enrolled in an Australian institution and receive a “Confirmation of Enrollment (COE)”. These forms are issued by the Australian institution you will be attending. The forms are usually issued after the tuition fees have been received.
- Acceptance letterfrom your host university, this will include the proposed study plan
- Letter from your current institutionconfirming status as a Study Abroad Student
- Overseas health insurance receipt
Australian embassy takes around 2 to 3 months, hence to avoid any problem students must apply 12 to 16 weeks before